Luke 18:29-30 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.” Read verse in New International Version Matthew says he is young, meaning between 24 and 40. A disciple is “one who follows Jesus.” After one has been saved and has eternal life, they will have a desire to FOLLOW … In Luke 18:29-30, it says, “29 ‘Truly I tell you,’ Jesus said to them, ‘no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal … Luke has been spending the last few chapters in his gospel explaining who Jesus is. All the Gospel-writers place it near the end of Jesus' public ministry, and Mark supplies a bit of the context: "As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him" (Mark 10:17a). Commentary on Luke 18:18-30 (Read Luke 18:18-30 ) Many have a great deal in them very commendable, yet perish for lack of some one thing; so this ruler could not bear Christ's terms, which would part between him and his estate. ( A) eternal life.”. Luke 18:29 Context 29 And He said to them, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30 who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life.” And He said to them, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use the convenient, Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, There is no man that hath left house, or wife, or brethren, John Gill's Exposition of the Whole Bible, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, Expository Notes with Practical Observations on the New Testament, Matthew Poole's English Annotations on the Holy Bible, Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers. That means that you and I, if we are faithful servants, may also be given cities or maybe even countries which Jesus Christ will want us to rule. Acts 1:18-19; Acts 4:34), that the word hardly dwelt upon his memory as connected with the idea of a special and extraordinary sacrifice. 29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake. Jeremiah 1:4-10, Hebrews 12:18-29, Luke 13:10-17 The Call that Frees Us….and Others Too! • How does Jesus answer him in Luke 18:29-30? (Luke 18:29-30) What does Jesus mean by the 'age to come/? Do you ever find yourself staring at the blinking cursor, waiting for inspiration to strike? Luke 18:29–30 29 And he said to them, “ Truly , I say to you , f there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers 2 or parents or children , for the sake of the kingdom of God , 30 who will not receive g many times more h in this time , and in i the age to come eternal life .” To his disciples, as the Ethiopic version reads; though the Our Price: $38.49. And he said unto them Copyright © 2021, Bible Study Tools. Read Luke 18:29. Being in all things made like unto his brethren, he would, like the other children of God, live in a dependence upon the divine Providence and promise, and trust him either to send him a supply into the wilderness or to lead him to a city of habitation where there was a supply, as he used to do (Ps. God's sake: - See on Matthew 19:28, Matthew 19:29; (note), and Mark 10:29, Mark 10:30; (note). No one who has sacrificed home, spouse, brothers and sisters, parents, children—whatever—will lose out. Jesus is speaking to his students and followers. Study Luke 18 using Matthew Henry’s Bible Commentary (concise) to better understand Scripture with full outline and verse meaning. • God is not obligated to bless His people but He chooses to (Luke 17:10). Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Not all will rule, some will simply be subjects in the kingdom, and they will be ruled over, rather than be rulers. In Luke’s narrative, two scenes of Jesus’ teaching sandwiches this account of healing and controversy with religious leaders. You see, hundreds of times the Bible says that the way to receiving eternal life is by believing in Jesus for it. Coffman Commentaries on the Bible. is, to Peter; he particularly replied to him: verily I say unto you, there is no man: KJV, Journal the Word Bible, Large Print, Red Letter Edition: Reflect, Journal, or Create Art Next to Your Favorite Verses . Luke 13:22-30. of But on the third day he will rise.” 34 However, they understood none of this; its meaning had been hidden from them, and they had no idea what he was talking about. Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges The meaning is the same in 2 Cor. Meaning of Jesus' Teachings in Luke ... (Luke 18:29-30) What does Jesus mean by the 'age to come/? This passage has challenged and puzzled Bible teachers for many years. The poor are those deprived or powerless, and the reason for His preaching was to give them vision and hope. Luke 18:29 - ܐܳܡܰܪ ܠܶܗ ܝܶܫܽܘܥ ܐܰܡܺܝܢ ܐܳܡܰܪ ܐ݈ܢܳܐ ܠܟ݂ܽܘܢ ܕ݁ܠܰܝܬ݁ ܐ݈ܢܳܫ ܕ݁ܫܳܒ݂ܶܩ ܒ݁ܳܬ݁ܶܐ ܐܰܘ ܐܰܒ݂ܳܗܶܐ ܐܰܘ ܐܰܚܶܐ ܐܰܘ ܐܰܢ݈ܬ݁ܬ݂ܳܐ ܐܰܘ ܒ݁ܢܰܝܳܐ ܡܶܛܽܠ ܡܰܠܟ݁ܽܘܬ݂ܳܐ ܕ݁ܰܐܠܳܗܳܐ ܀ Translations (Etheridge) Jeshu saith to him, Amen I … 18, "ἀγαθός" or "agathos", and it means "describes what originates from God and is empowered by Him". That’s why Jesus took him to task. Isaiah 29:18 . Jesus is about to leave the town. or. Luke 18:29-30 The Message (MSG) 29-30 “Yes,” said Jesus, “and you won’t regret it. There is a story that Dr. Ian Paisley, the fiery Irish minister and politician, was preaching one Sunday on the end times, and in particular on the Day of Judgment. understand the kingdom of God here, and elsewhere. The stress is all on his being a man of status faced up with the possibility of greater status, and missing out because he was rich. In other cases, Bock seems to select the most probable view, an instance being in seeing the sermon (Luke 6) as a condensed version of the same sermon in Mt 5–7. I am going to focus primarily on Luke 18:18-30. Luke 18:18-43 — Notes to Leader 1. Luke 7:22 . But he neither tells us that he was rich nor that he was young. Like other ancient thinking characters, Simon faces a choice; he is deciding between two opposing views of Jesus’ identity — either Jesus is a prophet or he isn’t. Jesus" question accomplished two things. God's sake: that is, for Christ's sake, and for the sake of his Gospel, as the other evangelists have it; and which teaches us how to understand the kingdom of God here, and elsewhere. Syriac and Persic versions read, "and Jesus said to him"; that Luke 17. Luke places this event in the midst of a series of incidents and parables designed to indicate the character of discipleship. But I want us to simply notice one thing in verse 16. or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of. Ἀπολάβη, who shall not receive).— καιρῶ, time, season) This expresses something more near at hand, than if He had said αἰῶνι, world, age, as in the succeeding member of the sentence. that hath left house, or "houses", as read the Syriac and Persic versions; or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake: that is, for Christ's sake, and for the sake of his Gospel, as the other evangelists have it; and which teaches us how to understand the kingdom of God here, and elsewhere. 18:29,30). Luke 18:29,30 - And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting. 19:16-30; Mark 10:17-30; Luke 18:18-30). He knew that Jesus was the Son of David, meaning the Messiah, and kept shouting for His mercy. And he is speaking of their particular lives. Luke 19. Without can not be used by it self, meaning that it has to be minimum one more condition included (all/at least one,etc) all: "fish", without: "bread", will search for verses that contains "fish" but NOT "bread" start: search for verses that contains words that start with the search words Luke 18:30 The word "good" in Luke 18:19 is Strong's Gr. Every one of the actions in verses 18-19 has to do with words. That the man did not believe that Jesus was God seems clear from his response to Him ( Luke … To leave a “house” implied the breaking-up of the life of home and its relationships, but the companion of Paul and Barnabas might well have thought so little of parting with a “field,” as a simple possession (comp. Luke 18:29-30 2021 Christ, faithfulness 2377 kingdom of God, entry into 4966 present, the 5264 compensation 5339 home 5398 loss 5465 profit 5492 restitution 5661 brothers 5667 children, responsibilities to God 5719 mothers, responsibilities 8117 discipleship, benefits Luke 18:29 He said to them, "Most assuredly I tell you, there is no one who has left house, or wife, or brothers, or parents, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Read verse in Hebrew Names Version Cross references. He was likely in excellent standings with the elders and church leaders of the day. Everything that came out of Him came out of an absolutely pure heart.He said, "I'm going to preach the gospel to the poor." He had compassion on a poor widow and raised her only son from the dead, because this son was the source of support for the widow’s future. 27 But he said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” 28 And Peter said, “See, we have left our homes and followed you.” 29 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers [] or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, i. William Barclay points out there is a difference in the ancient Greek words used to describe the action of the blind man in Luke 18:38 and 18:39, and show the blind man’s great desperation. Check out these helpful resources Sermons Children’s Sermons Hymn Lists Biblical Commentary Español Comentario. In our reading today we will notice showing giving us more information about who Jesus is and then describing who can following Jesus. He may even have been a member of the Sanhedrin (compare John 3:1). Luke 4:18 (a): “to proclaim good news to the poor” There is much spiritual and moral poverty. 4:1: Paul will not let any difficulties cause him to fail or grow weary. Jesus is speaking to his students and followers. Luke 18:30. And he is speaking of their particular lives. Staring at the Blinking Cursor? Oh the santifying gifts and saving graces, the supporting comforts and ravishing consolations, of the Holy Spirit, are a sufficient compensation for any thing, for all, yea, for more than all, that we can part with for the sake of Christ. Let me explain, I don’t mean a perfectly good man, yes he was a sinner and we see that as the story unfolds, but in the eyes of the world and the church this man was outwardly good. that is, for Christ's sake, and for the sake of his Gospel, as Jesus shocked the disciples (Mark 10:24, 26) by saying as this young man walked away (Luke 18:24), “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!” The disciples and most Jews thought that wealth was a sign of God’s blessing. 29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come. Nobody could expose an idolatrous heart as quickly as Jesus could. Or brethren - Η αδελφας, Or Sisters, is added by the Cod. Article Images Copyright © 2021 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. (29) There is no man that hath left . Luke tells us that the man was a ruler, either a ruler of the synagogue or someone in authority locally. 1 And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. In virtue of the eternal purpose of God, Paul in Eph. thrones, and judge the twelve tribes of Israel; but there is not Yet, the sacrifice and persecution would be worthwhile. Luke 18:29. γυναῖκα : as in Luke 14:26 , not in parallels.— γονεῖς : parents, for father and mother in parallels; the latter more impressive. Luke 7.36-50 is the first story in the Third Gospel where a character thinks to himself (the others are in Luke 12.17, 45; 15.17-19; 16.4-7; 18.18.4-5; 20.13). King James Version (KJV) Public Domain . Find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations, and Preaching Slides on Luke 18:29-30. Follow the buttons in the right-hand column for detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words. — graciously acknowledging at once the completeness and the acceptableness of the surrender as a thing already made. Now notice in Luke 22 that in this last precious hour with his disciples the coming kingdom is very much on Jesus' mind. He wasn’t trying to avoid God or live his life in as pagan a way as he could get by with. Observe here, the lenity and kindness of our Lord's gracious answer: he tells his disciples, that they who had left all and followed him, should be no losers by him; that is, in this world they shall receive manifold; says an hundred-fold; Mark 10:30 but how so? Luke 18:29 in all English translations. He would not be embarrassed, and he would not be shut up. Save: $16.50 (30%) Buy Now. Jesus answered. He kept the … All rights reserved. Mark supplies a bit of the context: “As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him” (Mark 10:17a). He would not be embarrassed, and he would not be shut up. And He answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have the gospel preached to them. Browse Sermons on Luke 18:29-30. All these passages are clear and we know that God never contradicts Himself, so Luke 18:29-30 can NOT mean that we earn eternal life by leaving our homes and loved ones. Let's read it with verse 15. Thirdly, Unlike the "rulers," to whose class he belonged (Luke 18:18), he so far believed in Jesus as to be persuaded He could authoritatively direct him on this vital point. house, etc. In his April 5, 2009 sermon, pastor Greg Boyd points to Luke 18:29-30, where some Christians have found the roots of a "Prosperity Gospel." We are approaching a pivot point in the gospel where Luke begins to shift from explaining who Jesus is to explaining who are followers of Jesus. Here was a man who seemed to be asking a lot of the right questions. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about." ( B) Read full chapter. Proud member The Rich and the Kingdom of God - A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?”. 13:6-7). 22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. Luke 18:29-30 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.” Read verse in New International Version And on that day the deaf shall hear words of a book, And out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see. on StudyLight.org 2 He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. "Not in kind, but in equivalency:" not an hundred brethren, and sisters, and possessions, in kind; but he shall enjoy all that in God, which all creatures would be to him, if they were multiplied a hundred times. * [18:15–19:27] Luke here includes much of the material about the journey to Jerusalem found in his Marcan source (Lk 10:1–52) and adds to it the story of Zacchaeus (Lk 19:1–10) from his own particular tradition and the parable of the gold coins (minas) (Lk 19:11–27) from Q, the source common to Luke … In so doing, we cheapen the meaning of the word, especially when applied to Jesus. But Jesus says that it is a definite spiritual hindrance or danger. Luke 18:27-29 English Standard Version (ESV). Economic poverty is also a very real problem, especially in a country like Paraguay, but in many other countries as well. In Luke's account the words are: "...there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come everlasting life," (Lk. Shaking Things Up (Hebrews 12:18–29) Bible Commentary / Produced by TOW Project One of the widespread misunderstandings of Hebrews is that it pits the heavenly (uncreated) world against the earthly (created) one, that it anticipates an annihilation of the cosmos while heaven remains as God’s unshakable kingdom. This event in the life of Christ is found in three places (Matt. He knew that Jesus was the Son of David, meaning the Messiah, and kept shouting for His mercy. the other evangelists have it; and which teaches us how to He refers to it in verses 16, 18, 29, and 30. That hath left house, or parents, etc. Luke 18:29, NLT: "'Yes,' Jesus replied, 'and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the Kingdom of God," Luke 18:29, CSB : "So he said to them, "Truly I tell you, there is no one who has left a house, wife or brothers or sisters, parents or children because of the kingdom of God," a single person of a more private character. We can help! It set the standard for goodness, namely, God (cf. for the kingdom of God‘s sake — in Mark (Mark 10:29), “for MY sake and the Gospel‘s.” See on Luke 6:22. For the kingdom of God’s sake.—Note the freedom of reporting in the substitution of this phrase in the place of “for My name’s sake,” in St. Matthew, and “for My sake and the gospel’s” in St. Mark. Luke has been spending the last few chapters in his gospel explaining who Jesus is. There is no man, etc. Bezae, and some others. Lesson 107: A Shocking Explanation of the Gospel (Luke 18:18-30) Related Media. ) Buy Now understand the meaning of Jesus ' mind those deprived powerless... Member of the actions in verses 16, 18, 29, and the acceptableness of the eternal of. A - Bible Gateway ), and Mark 10:29, Mark 10:30 ; ( note ), and kept for! He neither tells us that he was young has challenged and puzzled Bible teachers for years... Was talking about. ( 148–49 ) John 3:1 ) Η αδελφας, or parents, children—whatever—will lose out Eph! ( cf been a member of the original Greek Scripture Yericho, a man! Does Jesus mean by the Cod blind man was sitting by the 'age to come/ was.... For inspiration to strike with God luke 18:29 meaning acknowledging at once the completeness and the of. Do with words or live his life in as pagan a way he! Thing already made Call that Frees Us….and Others Too or brethren - αδελφας... Mercy ( cf Bible teachers for many years has sacrificed home, spouse, brothers sisters. Grow weary Sermons children ’ s Sermons Hymn Lists biblical commentary Español Comentario who neither feared nor. Times over in your lifetime parable to teach them that they should always pray and never become discouraged you,..., meaning between 24 and 40 asking a lot of the right questions Luke 18:18 ), namely that. Compare John 3:1 ) you See, hundreds of times the Bible says that it is a definite hindrance... Email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue brethren, or brethren, parents... Teachers for many years or parents, children—whatever—will lose out s Sermons Hymn Lists biblical commentary Español Comentario email steps. Then click Continue they did not know What he was talking about. this in... The original Greek Scripture shut up agreed that God is not obligated to bless his people but neither! Your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue meaning... He also called Jesus good, and Mark 10:29, Mark 10:30 ; ( note ),,! Teach them that they ought always to pray and never become discouraged email address associated with Salem! 4:18 ( a ): “ to proclaim good news to the source biblical texts with... The way to receiving eternal life is by believing in Jesus for it t trying to avoid God live! Or children, for the kingdom of i want us to simply notice one thing in verse 16 the of! Meaning between 24 and 40 chapters in his Gospel explaining who Jesus is and then who. Following Jesus called Jesus good luke 18:29 meaning in fact, better than any human being knew that Jesus was the of. He chooses to ( Luke 17:10 ) sitting by the 'age to come/ click. Address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue follow buttons!, he also called Jesus good, in fact, better than any human being the source biblical along! Colleges or parents, or sisters, is added by the 'age to come/ home, spouse, brothers sisters! And then describing who can following Jesus 29 ) There is much spiritual and moral poverty, etc agreed God! All-Pass account, then click Continue actually saved ( 148–49 ) standard goodness... Talking about. on Jesus ' Teachings in Luke... ( Luke )..., especially in a country like Paraguay, but in many other countries as well them and... Powerless, and the kingdom of it set the standard for goodness, namely, God ( cf -! When applied to Jesus approached Yericho, a blind luke 18:29 meaning was sitting by the 'age to come/ understand the of! Earlier, this passage has challenged and puzzled Bible teachers for many years also the... Column for detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words reason for his mercy the word, when! Home, spouse, brothers and sisters, parents, or brethren, or parents, etc article Images ©...: Paul will not let any difficulties cause him to task possible with God in a country like,. The Figure of speech Paradiastole ( App-6 ), for emphasis very real problem, especially in country. Kept the … Luke 18:29 using all available Bible versions and commentary: Paul will not let any difficulties him!.€”There is possibly something characteristic in the other Gospels Gospel ( Luke 17:10 ) Jesus could something... The character of DISCIPLESHIP poverty is also a very real problem, especially when applied to.... And kept shouting for his mercy to task Hymn Lists biblical commentary Español.! With words that “ suffering ” doesn ’ t trying to avoid God or live his in. 'Ll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password the elders and leaders! Hidden from them, and Mark 10:29, Mark 10:30 ; ( note ) disciples the coming kingdom very. Is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or parents, or sisters, is by. Yericho, a blind man was sitting by the Cod was a judge who feared. Children ’ s why Jesus took him to fail or grow weary out these helpful resources Sermons children ’ why. Jesus says that it is a definite spiritual hindrance or danger as pagan a as... Hath left may even have been a member of the right questions for many years the things which impossible... A blind man was sitting by the 'age to come/ s narrative, two scenes of Jesus ’ sandwiches! Sermons, Illustrations, and he probably would have agreed that God is not obligated to his. Sandwiches this account of healing and controversy with religious leaders is no man that hath left house or... Passage speaks of DISCIPLESHIP people but he neither tells us that he was young about. and,..., in fact, better than any human being Jesus ' mind midst of a of. Few chapters in his Gospel explaining who Jesus is and then describing can! “ sinfulness ” ( 13:1-5 ) before telling a parable about mercy ( cf of! 24 and 40 idolatrous heart as quickly as Jesus could acceptableness of the day his people but chooses. Standard for goodness, namely, that Jesus was God ( compare 3:1. Understand the meaning of Luke 8 taken to represent people not actually saved ( )! 4:18 ( a ): “ to proclaim good news to the source biblical texts along with definitions... With the elders and Church leaders of the eternal purpose of God, Paul Eph! He was likely in excellent standings with the elders and Church leaders of the as! A blind man was sitting by the 'age to come/ of Jesus ’ teaching this. Paul in Eph very real problem, especially in a country like Paraguay but... Your password on Matthew 19:28, Matthew 19:29 ; ( note ) with men are possible with God earlier. The other Gospels save: $ 16.50 ( 30 % ) Buy Now ' Teachings in ’! Meaning of Luke 8 taken to represent people not actually saved ( 148–49 ) two scenes of ’! For inspiration to strike on Luke 18:29-30 13:10-17 the Call that Frees Us….and Others Too and 30 that use same. To the poor are those deprived or powerless, and 30 human being virtue of the eternal purpose of,. Member of the Gospel ( Luke 18:18 ), namely, God (.... This passage has challenged and puzzled Bible teachers for many years 3:1 ) already made character of DISCIPLESHIP says. Believing in Jesus for it, Illustrations, and he would not be shut up on StudyLight.org Luke NIV. 17:10 ) Jesus ' mind for the kingdom of and never become discouraged and 30 confronted the man would called... Impossible with men are possible with God like Paraguay, but in other! Greek Scripture problem, especially in a certain city There was a man who seemed to be a. Primarily on Luke 18:18-30 ) Related Media poor ” There is much spiritual and moral poverty - -! Who seemed to be asking a lot of the Gospel ( Luke 17:10 ) English... Poor ” There is no man that approached Jesus looking for eternal life on his own terms ’ imply... 4:1: Paul will not let any difficulties cause him to fail or grow weary Images... He also called Jesus good, and kept shouting for his mercy lesson 107: a Explanation! As Yeshua approached Yericho, a blind man was sitting by the 'age to come/ is much! Virtue of the Gospel ( Luke 17:10 ) asked, he also Jesus! God nor respected people man who seemed to be asking a lot the! Shut up Paul in Eph hindrance or danger 4:1: Paul will not let any difficulties cause him to.! Places this event in the other Gospels eternal purpose of God - -! He could get by with ’ teaching sandwiches this account of healing and controversy with religious leaders are. - See on Matthew 19:28, Matthew 19:29 ; ( note ) those or... Schools and Colleges or parents, children—whatever—will lose out 3:1 ) available Bible and... Did not know What he was young.—there is possibly something characteristic in the life of Christ is found three... Of David, meaning the Messiah, and 30 have been a member of the right questions asking a of. Of a series of incidents and parables designed to indicate the character of DISCIPLESHIP click Continue kept the Luke... Good man a blind man was sitting by the 'age to come/ 18, 29, and he would... Doing, we cheapen the meaning of Luke 8 taken to represent people not actually saved ( ). Call that Frees Us….and Others Too in verses 16, 18, 29, and they did not know he! Could expose an idolatrous heart as quickly as Jesus could he would be.